People’s Tourism Choice Awards 2020
Pure Safe Travels Edition
As part of Tourism Awareness Month under the theme ‘Tourism connects us all’, the Grenada Tourism Authority (GTA) is once again launching its People’s Tourism Choice Awards with a virtual twist. The initiative, which began in 2018, invites members of the public to nominate and recognize individuals/businesses making significant contributions to the Tourism industry in Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique. Nominations can be submitted via Grenadatourismauthority@gmail.com stating the name and address of the nominee, the category and a supporting paragraph as to why they should be recognized. Nominations for the ten (10) categories begin today and end on Wednesday 18th November, 2020 at midnight. The winners and award ceremony will be announced at the end of Tourism Awareness Month.
- Creativity/Innovation– This category highlights a Tourism provider who has used creativity to enhance an existing product or used innovation in their COVID-19 operations to benefit the industry.
- New Tourism Business– This category highlights a business that has recently come on stream and is making an impact in the industry.
- Virtual Leaders-This category highlights a Tourism provider who uses virtual means (virtual reality, zoom webinars, augmented reality or other media) in their operations to allow customers to enjoy their products or services.
- New Tours-This category highlights a new tour that has been conceptualized or brought to fruition in the last year and has become popular.
- Training- This category highlights a Tourism provider who has gone above and beyond in training its staff to become COVID ready or to deliver excellent service.
- Resilience– This category highlights an individual/business that has changed and adapted to the new way of doing business and continues to be successful.
- Transportation-This category highlights a transportation provider that exhibits consistent excellent service with reliability, punctuality and fair pricing.
- Service Excellence-This category highlights a person/business that has consistently exemplified excellent service throughout the business or their operations.
- Special Awards-This category highlights a person or business that exemplifies excellence in multiple categories including service excellence, resilience, innovation and social responsibility.
- Memorabilia/Merchandizing– This category highlights a person/business that has created a new or steady line of memorabilia or merchandize that promotes Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.