Grenada Spicemas Festival
The premier cultural event, ‘Spicemas’ is Grenadian expression in all its glory, climaxing during the second Monday and Tuesday in August. Brimming with pageantry and expression linked to our African, French, British and Caribbean heritage, Carnival is colorful, humorous and full of surprises. Calypsonians, steel pan orchestras, beauty contestants, ‘fancy mas’ bands and others perform and parade to compete for Carnival honors. Grenadians gather to watch, participate and enjoy.
Take a look at the 2017 full schedule below:
- Junior Calypso Finals -Friday August 4th
- Children's Carnival Frolic -Saturday August 5th
- PREEDAY 'Black Edition 2' -Wednesday August 9th
- National Queen Show -Thursday August 10th
- SMC Groovy/Soca Monarch Finals -Friday August 11th
- NLA/SMC Panorma -Saturday August 12th
- SMC Dimanche Gras -Sunday August 13th
- J'Ouvert, Pageant, Monday Night Mas -Monday August 14th
- Parade of the bands including bands from all Parishes -Tuesday August 15th
For more information, contact the Spicemas Corporation (SMC) using the details above.